1. New Course:
Check out this new course in the Dance Department–Performance Matters: Creating Performance on Specific Topics—taught by Prof. Katya Kolcio in Spring 2015.
2. Civic Engagement Certificate Open House—12/2
Come to the CEC info session on Dec. 2, Noon-1 p.m. in Allbritton. The CEC is open to students of all disciplines who are interested in questions of citizenship and democracy and who seek to enhance and reflect on their civic activities. Check it out!
3. Internship/Job Strategies
This short list is excerpted from the Internship Workshop by Persephone Hall of the WCC:
- “What do I need and want to learn? What do I have to offer?” Identify a list of each for yourself and then talk with others to supplement. Pursue opportunities in all areas of interest.
- Give yourself time. Looking for an I/J is a job in itself. What’s your plan?
- Use your resources: LinkedIn, WesConnect, Indeed.com, Liberal Arts Career Network (LCAN—on WCC website), Career Drive (in your portfolio), faculty, personal acquaintances
See the Celebrating Students column for Fred Ayres ’17 and Lili Kadets ’17on their internship/work experiences. Please share your own!!
Best, Dean Brown