From the Office of Study Abroad:
This is a reminder that applications for SPRING 2016 for the Wesleyan-administered programs in BOLOGNA, MADRID, and PARIS are due THURSDAY, OCTOBER 1. This is a firm deadline because all parts of the application can be sent electronically. PLEASE NOTE: the Wesleyan “Permission to Study Abroad” application doubles as the application to these three programs so you DO NOT NEED to complete a separate program application. If you have already done the steps noted BELOW, the permission application and check list are in your student portfolio in the “Study Abroad Information” under the “Academic Career” bucket.
There are 6 documents in the checklist (the parental form has been removed as it is no longer required), including the one-page permission to study abroad application and all of them can be turned in electronically either by completing and hitting “submit” or by uploading the documents.
A complete application includes the following 6 items:
- Personal information sheet
- Pre-departure Reflection Exercise – written in the target language (250 words, written without assistance)
- Online Health Information Clearance form
- Major Advisor Authorization form (for all majors even if you are not earning major credit)
- Assumption of Risk and Release and Waiver form
- Standards of Conduct Pledge
If you have NOT started the process and been in our office for an advising session, please do the following first:
Go to the “Academic Career” section in your student portfolio and click on the “Study Abroad application and information” link. This takes you to our landing page and you must:
- Read the five documents: (Study Abroad Options, Application Procedures, Financial Regulations, Academic Regulations).
- Complete the “Initial Inquiry” form and click “submit.”
- Come to our office for an advising session during our drop-in hours (M-W-F 10-noon; T-TH 2-4 p.m.) If you cannot make any of our drop-in hours, please call for an appointment.
After your advising session you will be given access in your portfolio to the Permission to Study Abroad Application and Checklist which you must complete by the October 1 deadline as indicated above.
If you have questions about the process, please stop by during drop-in hours or call us at 860 685 2550.
Best, Gail Winter, Assistant Director of Study Abroad
105 Fisk Hall, 262 High Street, Phone: 860 685 3006
Fax: 860 685 2551 Url: www.wesleyan.edu/ois