It’s that time of the semester: Wesleyan’s Red Cross Blood Drive Committee is hosting this semester’s annual blood drive on Tuesday, February 7th and Wednesday, February 8th from 11:45-5:45 in Beckham Hall.
Fun Facts about blood donation:
- Someone needs blood every two seconds.
- One pint of blood (one donation) can save up to three lives.
- About 1 in 7 people entering a hospital need blood.
- More than 4.5 million patients need blood transfusions each year in the U.S. and Canada.
- If only one more percent of all Americans would give blood, blood shortages would disappear for the foreseeable future.
With all the tragedies that are occurring everyday in the US, blood is constantly in need to save lives. It would be great if you could help out!